Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Post 8

This Is How We Dream: Parts 1 & 2

These videos are about how instant communication occurs with modern day technology. He shows how one can collaborate, learn, and teach with live chats, online lesson plans, and interactive websites. With this technology, the student has access to much more information about the subject they are learning about. They can watch videos, read articles, look at maps, and use other interactive tools to help them learn about a certain subject.

Without the technology that we possess today, none of this would be possible. It is forever changing, and the teacher must be prepared to teach in the modern day classroom. The teacher must be made aware of these advances and be able to use the tools appropriately in order to give the student the best learning experience possible. Instead of standing at the front of the classroom, the teacher can take a step back and watch and see how each student learns and view what they are struggling with from a perspective that was never possible before.

Now, as educators, we can share videos and alternative teaching tips with others around the world. There are virtually no limits or restrictions. We, as teachers, can connect with one another to better the student's experience. The author's ultimate dream that he reveals at the end of the second video is to compose technology that can foster creativity and collaboration and inspire teachers to use it and collaborate with it as well. The goal of the technology is to make things possible that were never possible before. It starts with the teacher. We must be able to use the technology and teach our students to use it effectively. This dream should be every aspiring teacher's dream: to better the student's learning experience and give them access to endless possibilities via technology.

Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12

Carly's blog post amazed me. I was speechless for a few moments after I read it. After everything I have learned in this class, she has definitely taken it to a level that can be applied in the classroom easily. As I was reading her post, I could see a lesson plan with links to related websites and videos to benefit the students learning experience. It took the technology, and put it into a real life example of how we are supposed to use it. She made Dr. Miller's dream come alive with her assignment.  It all made sense, all flowed. To be honest, I was jealous of her creativity and passion for making the student's learning experience the best it could possible be. She really was thinking about her future as an educator and showing how we can use our creativity and voice to motivate and help our students. We should all strive for this. Because, like Carly said, our students DESERVE it.

The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies

These two creative videos inspired me. These students went above and beyond what they were asked to do to show that they were passionate about learning the technology required to teach students in the modern day world. I would like to create or participate in a video that explains how I am going to incorporate the things I have learned into this class into my classroom. I would have students in the video and I would be the teacher using the information I've learned to better their learning experience. Maybe in the video I would show how I use blogs to help them collaborate or I would use videos to help them understand. This would truly show that I can use the tools and show my students how to use them as well.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video is about learning to change, and changing to learn, just like the title says. As time goes on and more and more advances are made, students have more opportunities than ever before. Not only can they collaborate with others, but they can also have a better understand of what they are learning and be more prepared for not only college, but life after that as well. The video suggests that the standardized testing in schools today doesn't provide students with the information they need to be successful in the modern day world. Teaching the students of the future needs to change just like the technology has. We must be the change we wish to see in the teaching industry and we, as educators, must be able to use the tools provided for us and set the example. Instead of just memorizing facts, the technology allows the student to incorporate the information into real life circumstances that they can use in the future.



1. I used Edmodo because I felt that it would be a good tool to use to remind students of upcoming deadlines and so that parents could see what we do in the classroom. I could post any changes to any assignments and keep students and parents updated on the material they are learning. I could post links to videos or other material that could help students who are struggling with certain assignments or subjects. It would make communication very easy for me and my students and it would help them succeed. I also liked how I could post quizzes and poll students to get feedback on how I am doing. This is such a neat website and I look forward to using it in the future!
2. Dr. Strange made this presentation with the help of Prezi. For teachers, the software is absolutely free for the basic package and only $59 for the Pro. We have no excuse to not use this incredibly user friendly software to help the student. The Prezi basically paves the way for the student to understand the material better. I'm so glad that I know about this because I will definitely be using it in the future!
3. Here is my Comic: http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/?comix_id=33176283C677957
4. Animoto would be a great video tool to use because it could bring the things I am teaching about to life. It would allow me to take a step back as they watch the video so I can observe my classroom from a different perspective. It not only lets you include text and spotlight certain images, but it also allows you to collaborate with and learn from other teachers. You can share your video and download other teachers videos to get ideas. What an amazing and interactive website I can use to help my students.
5. Poll:

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    You do a very nice job describing each video or article you are discussing. You also use great grammar and do not have an typos. Nice work!
    Kristen Cobbs

    ReplyDelete