Friday, March 23, 2012

C4K# 5-9

C4K# 5

The fifth student I was assigned to was a student who is in the 4th grade in the UK. This was different for me because I couldn't believe I was interacting with a child so far away! That is so neat to me and amazes me. I hope that when I have my own classroom we can communicate with other classes across the world like this. He wrote about watching other classes watch the movie Titanic. This is the comment I left:

Hey Dylan! My name is Sarah and I am a student attending the University of South Alabama to become an elementary school teacher! What an interesting post! I also think it is awesome that they are learning about the differences of 1st class and 3rd class. The Titanic movie is an awesome movie and I'm glad to hear that you are learning about it. What they went through is so horrible! I hope it never happens again! That is very cool that you get to watch other classes as well. I will have to do something similar when I have my own classroom. Thanks for sharing your ideas and thoughts and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

titanic

C4K #6

Emily was the next student I had the privelage to comment on. She lives in Vermont, likes country music, and loves the scenery around her. She talked about how there was a lot of mud in the town she lived in which was good for fourwheeling. She also mentioned that she had to go to the next town to get groceries! That is really interesting! I can't relate to that because I live in a large town where there are grocery stores on every corner! What a different world that must be. I hope that one day my students can have the opportunity to connect with other students their age who live in completely different climates and atmospheres!

Here is the comment I left:
Hello Emily! My name is Sarah Clever and I live in Mobile, AL. I am currently in school to become an elementary teacher and I love learning about other students that live across the country! Vermont sounds like a very beautiful place to live. Have you lived there your whole life? You mention there is a lot of mud for fourwheeling. Do you like to go fourwheeling? Do you own your own fourwheeler? My parents have one and they are so much fun! I also read in your biography that you like country music. That is my favorite type of music as well! Who is your favorite artist? The mountains are definitely a very beautiful sight to see and you are very blessed to see that every day! Do you ever get a chance to go hiking? I can’t wait to read your next blog post!

vermont natural beauty

C4K #7

The next post I read by Emily was about how she has the opportunity to go hunting with her dad for food and about how some people in the world are starving because they don't have money to feed themselves or their families. This is the comment I left:

Hey Emily! That is so neat that you and your dad go hunting for food! I wish I lived in an environment where I could do that! I will have to try it sometime. What do you like the most about hunting? Unfortunately, the last thing you said is true. People around the world are starving because they don't have enough money for food and that really makes me sad. I try to donate and help out as much as I can and I really want to go on a mission trip someday. How can we help these people? It's hard when we live so far away and our worlds are so different. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the great work!

vermont hunting


C4K #8

The third blog I read from Emily was about cutting down trees and how that is bad for the environment. I find it fascinating that someone as young as her is concerned with such an issue. I really think it's amazing that she is writing about it and how we should all plant more trees to save the environment. I was so thrilled to hear her thoughts about the issue and I am so glad I was assigned to her. She is a very smart girl and I'm sure she will be an amazing young lady. This is the comment I left:

Hello again! I completely agree! I am so thrilled that you have thought about this issue and written about it. Recently, I have planted some small trees and flowers in my back yard because I feel the same way about the environment. I also feel that my neighborhood doesn’t have enough trees and I want to show my neighbors how beautiful they are. You have the opportunity to see such amazing landscape where you live and I am jealous of that! You are such a great writer and I hope you continue to blog. Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

vermont trees being cut down

C4K #9

The next student I had the pleasure of commenting on was a little girl named Serenity. I love that name so I was excited about reading her post. As it turns out, she made a video for her post so I got to watch her talk about her weekend! How exciting and fun is that for her! I hope I have the opportunity to show my classroom that one day. This is the comment I left:

Hey Serenity! My name is Sarah Clever and I am a student at the University of South Alabama currently studying to become a teacher! I am so excited that you posted this video! I am excited because I went to the beach this weekend as well. That is so much fun! Do you get to go to the beach a lot? I'm so happy that you had such an awesome weekend and I loved your video! Thanks for sharing!

beach

2 comments:

  1. I have been fascinated by the Titanic story also. I missed the exhibit when it was in Las Vegas and I was there. Maybe some time.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to an exhibit. I went on a cruise last August and I was fascinated by how large the boat was! I couldn't believe that something that big was floating on the water. I really couldn't imagine going through what they went through. I've watched documentary after documentary and the story is just so amazing to me. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete