Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog post 13

I was afraid to start this assignment. Mainly because I knew what it meant for me. I rely so much on my cell phone for so many things in my every day life that I really didn't think I could do it. How would I get in touch with my family? My boyfriend? My friends? How would I let them know something in case of an emergency? As I attempted this assignment, I started to feel secluded and lonely and left out of the loop. I felt like I was missing something, like something was taken away from me that I valued so much for no reason. It felt like I almost didn't know what to do with myself. How did people that lived before me get by with their every day life without this machine? How can something that seems so small and insignificant be such a huge part of my life? This is the reality. Our generation has grown to NEED these things and we feel that we CONSTANTLY have to be in immediate contact with our loved ones because it has not only become a habit but we have never known it to be any other way. The technology is indeed amazing. Now that I was faced with the problem of NOT having my precious phone, I can't imagine what it would be like to not have it all the time.

I want YOU to turn off your cell phone

Our students will be faced with the same problem when they come to school. It is our job, as educators, to teach them how to use the technology in the right way and to use it to our advantage to better their learning experience. This is what our generation understands, what they are accustomed to. We must know how to use the technology in order for us to be successful educators. The beauty of this assignment is that it shows just how important technology is in our every day lives and how we MUST be familiar with the changes if we are going to teach young students in the future. I say this in almost every blog post but it's TRUE: That is the point of this class. To allow us to use the technology and become familiar with it so that we may give our students the best learning experience possible. This assignment really shows how truly important technology is in the modern day world.

2 comments:

  1. What happened? Did you make it without your precious technologies for 24 hours? I will put you in the No category but you did not say which is the most important thing for you to have revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it about 14 hours... I thought I had put that in there but I guess not...

    ReplyDelete