Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12

Watch this video Why We Need To Teach Technology In School. Think about how quickly technology changes and why it's important to teach our children about these advances so they can use them in the right way. Write a blog post about your thoughts on this and how you are going to incorporate technology into your future classroom in order to prepare your students for the rest of their lives.

This video was about how quickly technology changes. It starts with changes that are very old and leads up to computers, laptops, cell phones, and even smart boards. If we do not teach our students about these technological advances when they are young, they could possibly get left behind in the future because they weren't aware of the tools they had to use to better their learning experience. Technology allows students to have endless amounts of creativity because they can create worlds on a computer that were not possible before. If we do not let our students have access to these tools and use them effectively, they will not be ready for the world and the future advances that will be made. One must know how to use something effectively in order for them to succeed.

In my classroom, I hope to allow my students to skype with other students so that they can relate and collaborate with them and perhaps understand the material we are learning better by talking with other students learning the same thing. I also hope to let them create blogs so they can learn how to write essays and short stories about certain things I would assign. This way, they can learn how to manipulate around the technologic world. I also hope to help them create videos and podcasts they can post to show the world how much they are learning and to motivate creativity. I would like to create videos of me explaining certain material and show step by step instructions so I could take a step back and observe my classroom from a different perspective. I believe this helps the teacher assess which students are struggling and which ones are excelling. It may be a difficult process at first, but I think that all of these tools will be worth it for my students at the end because they will have a better understanding of what they are learning and be more prepared for the future.
technology in the classroom

1 comment: