Monday, February 6, 2012

C4T #1 & 2

C4T #1

The first post I read by the blogger I was assigned to was about Social Networking. I love how she explained the purpose of Facebook and how it's supposed to be used. So many people use it for the wrong reasons and I'm glad that someone is trying to educate young people about the purpose of it. It connects people of all ages from all over the world and helps educate each other about ourselves and things to do in our area. It also connects educators from all over the world so they can get ideas and use each other's ideas as a resource and also share their own ideas so that the children can get the best education possible. Here is a link to her blog http://www.leekolbert.com/

This is the first comment I left:
Hello! My name is Sarah and I am currently in school to become a Second Grade Teacher. I think that Social Networking is such a fabulous tool that people of all ages can use to connect to the rest of the world. I have not only learned a lot from other people around me that I did not know before, but I've also learned a lot about the city I live in and things to do that I never would have had the oppurtunity to enjoy if it wasn't for Facebook. I can keep in touch with my best friend from middle school, my cousins that live 1200 miles away, and also friends that I have worked with at previous jobs that live across the country! I love how you have social networking explained here and I hope that I can teach the children in my classroom the importance of it as well. Here is a link to my blog :http://cleversarahedm310.blogspot.com/
and also the class blog:
http://edm310.blogspot.com/
In about 2 weeks, I will be posting a summary of the things I have read from your blog and commented on if you are interested.

The second post I read was about how there are no teachers in heaven because they are all in hell for the day at a PD meeting.

This is the second comment I left on 2/6/12:
I love this! And I hope that when I become a teacher I am part of the solution. I hope that I can show my students how to use technology and blogging as a way to collaborate and connect with others. Technology is such a great tool to use in classrooms and meetings.

C4T #2


The teacher I was assigned to was named Martha Yim and she wrote a blog about homeschooling. I think that homeschool is great for children who have developmental disorders and/or conduct disorders and whose parents are capable of homeschooling. But as far as the general population, I believe students need to be exposed to people of different races, social statuses, and religions in order to be a well rounded individual and to be successful in the modern day world.

This is the comment I left:
Hello my name is Sarah Clever and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. While homeschool is a great option, it doesn't allow the student to interact with people of different race and social classes like they would if they would have gone to public schools. This was from the National Center for Education Statistics website: "More White students were homeschooled than Black or Hispanic students or students from other racial/ethnic groups, and White students constituted the majority of homeschooled students (77 percent). White students (3.9 percent) had a higher homeschooling rate than Blacks (0.8 percent) and Hispanics (1.5 percent)." Also "In 2007, students in households earning between $25,001 and $75,000 per year had higher rates of homeschooling than their peers from families earning $25,000 or less a year." They also aren't exposed to people of other religions so when put in social situations in the future, such as at a job where they will have to interact with many different types of people, they may have a harder time adjusting whereas people who were exposed to this since they were young would have an easier time understanding others. "Parents give many different reasons for homeschooling their children. In 2007, the most common reason parents gave as the most important was a desire to provide religious or moral instruction (36 percent of students)." Here is a link to the website:
http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=91

-Sarah Clever
EDM 310, University of South Alabama
http://cleversarahedm310.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment