Saturday, February 11, 2012

C4K #1-4

C4K#1

I was assigned to a 14 year old girl named Sarah. Her most recent blog entry was about how much she loved to swim. She was very competitive and there was another girl named Miranda who was her arch enemy. Every time she saw Miranda, Miranda was very mean to her and called her a loser. She was excited to race against Miranda in their next competition and beating Miranda in the race motivated Sarah to go faster. Sarah won, and Miranda challenged her to another race. Unfortunately, at the next race, Miranda got attacked by a shark and didn't make it. Sarah talks about how this experience has changed her and has affected her in many ways.

This story brought me to tears. It's amazing how someone's life can just be taken in an instant. I was so happy to hear how passionate Sarah was about swimming and it broke my heart to hear that someone passed away while doing something she loved so much. I do believe everything happens for a reason and even though it was horrible, I do believe that it is something all of us can learn from. This is the comment I posted:


Hello! My name is Sarah Clever and I am currently attending the University of South Alabama to become an Elementary School Teacher. This story really moved me! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you and I'm glad you shared it. Even though the situation was horrible, it is a learning experience. Each time we go through something like this, we learn to live more with love in our hearts even if others choose not to do the same. I wish you the best of luck on your journey with swimming and I really hope this doesn't stop you from pursuing your dreams. Let me know if you ever need help with anything or have any questions.

-Sarah Clever, EDM310, University of South Alabama

Here is a link to her blog: Sarah's blog




Hey Emma!

My name is Sarah Clever and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in school to be an Elementary Teacher! I think it is so cool that you get to go to Mexico! I have never been but I have always wanted to go. In August of 2010 I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. Inside the Atlantis resort at the Bahamas I had the opportunity to swim with the dolphins and it was so much fun! They pushed me through the water with their nose and I got to swim beside them while they did flips in the air. It was such a neat experience! I hope that you enjoy your time there and come back to the United States with wonderful stories about your trip! You can E-Mail me if you ever want to talk or if you have any questions. Here is a link to my blog as well!

-Sarah Clever, EDM 310, University of South Alabama

Here is a link to her blog Emma's Blog




C4K #3
I was assigned to a 4th grader named Ysaiah. This student's blog post was about skyping with students from New Orleans. Since he lives in Canada, skype gave him the opportunity to connect with students across the world. The students were telling him a little bit about Mardi Gras and the history behind it. This hit close to home with me since we celebrate Mardi Gras every year and its always really fun.

I think that these type of collaborative exercises are necessary for children because then they can learn so much more about the world and what other students learn as well. They can collaborate and relate with other students they otherwise would have never met. I hope that Ysaiah one day has the chance to go to Mardi Gras and experience it for himself!

This is the comment I left:
Hello Ysaiah! My name is Sarah Clever and I am currently in school at the University of South Alabama to become an elementary school teacher! I think that is so neat that you had the opportunity to Skype with other students from New Orleans! I'm so thrilled that you got to learn a little bit about Mardi Gras. Some people say that Mardi Gras was actually originated in Mobile, AL and that is where I live now! So we celebrate it here, too. I like to go and celebrate it because I get to see all of my friends and we are all off of work and having fun. The parades are fun to go to. I hope you have the opportunity to go sometime! I think you would really like it and I'm really glad that you were able to learn about it! I wish you the best of luck on your journey and it was wonderful meeting you!

-Sarah Clever
EDM310, University of South Alabama


C4K #4


The fourth student's blog I had the privelage of commenting on was a 5th grader from Iowa. His blog was named Ice Man and he wrote about playing the game "MASH" on his sister's iPod. Considering the fact that I used to play MASH all the time when I was in the 5th grade, I could definitely relate to being excited about it because it let me think about my future. Of course, we played it with a piece of paper and pen, but it was still the same game.


I think that this is an excellent game for students to play because it allows them to choose their careers, income, and offspring and it lets them dream. While some students may not be as fortunate as others, this game lets them know that they can change their stars. Even though it may seem silly, it still allows them to think of possible careers and possible outcomes their life may have.

This is the comment I left:

Hey Ice Man!
My name is Sarah Clever and I am currently studying to be a second grade teacher at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. What a cool name to have for your blog! What does it mean? I think that is so neat that there is an application to play mash on the iPod! I have an iPhone so I will have to check that out I didn't know it was out there. I used to play that when I was your age with my friends! I always wanted the mansion but I guess everyone probably does huh? It is definitely a fun game. It allows you to dream and think about what may come in the future. I always wanted to be a singer so I would always put that down as one of my careers! What do you want to be when you get older? I wish you the best of luck on your journey and as always, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
-Sarah Clever
EDM 310
University of South Alabama
http://cleversarahedm310.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

  1. OK, I now understand your numbering system. Well done. However I would guess that the shark story was fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen Cobb agrees with me about the shark story. Read her post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this post was supposed to be #1-4 sorry if it confused you! And I can't believe I didn't understand that it was supposed to be fiction! I really thought that happened to her! I was crying over it!

    ReplyDelete